Colloton Pavilion

Colloton Pavilion

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

John W. Colloton Pavilion

John CollotonHonoree: John W. Colloton Pavilion


Achievements:

  • John W. Colloton was the UI vice president for statewide health services and dedicated more than 40 years of his professional career to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC)
  • Colloton earned his master's degree in hospital and health administration from the University of Iowa in 1957
  • Became the hospital's chief executive in 1971 and served in that capacity until 1993
  • After more than two decades at the helm of UIHC, he resigned the directorship in 1993 to become UI vice president for statewide health services
  • Elected chairman of the National Council of Teaching Hospitals in 1979 and was appointed an inaugural member of the prestigious Congressional Office of Technology's Prospective Payment Commission in 1983; elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences in 1987; and in 1988, he became only the second non-physician chairman of the Association of American Medical Colleges
  • In 1982, the Iowa State Board of Regents recognized his accomplishments by designating a UIHC addition to be named the John Colloton Pavilion
  • In 1998, Colloton was inducted into the UI's National Varsity Club as an honorary letter winner
  • In 1997, he and his late wife, Mary Ann, donated $1 million for the advancement of the University Libraries, the School of Religion, Hancher Auditorium, medical research, and men's and women's athletics

 

Description of facility:

Located in the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics on the UI Health Sciences Campus.

  • Anesthesia, Department of
  • Medical Museum
  • Pediatrics, Department of
  • Surgery, Department of
  • UI Hospitals and Clinics Administrative Offices
  • Volunteer Services


Address: 160 Hawkins Drive
Year built: 1982
Additional building information and map: Colloton Pavilion

Colloton Pavilion