Jacobson Football Operations Building

Jacobson Football Operations Building

 

 

 

 

RICHARD O. JACOBSON FOOTBALL OPERATIONS BUILDING

Honoree: Richard O. Jacobson
Oct. 18, 1936 - April 1, 2016

Achievements:

  • Richard O. Jacobson was the chairman emeritus of the Jacobson Companies
  • He was an ardent supporter of the UI, the UI Henry B. Tippie School of Business, and the UI Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
  • In 1995, Jacobson made a substantial gift for the construction of the Jacobson Athletic Building. In 2014, the University named the Iowa football program's new operations building the Richard O. Jacobson Football Operations Building
  • In 2007, he contributed $3 million to the Tippie School of Business to establish the Richard O. Jacobson Institute for Youth Entrepreneurship
  • In 2000, the UI Alumni Association presented him with a Distinguished Alumni Award


Description of facility:

Part of the Stew and LeNore Hansen Football Performance Center, the Richard O. Jacobson Football Operations Building is a 76,000-square foot facility to include exhibit space dedicated to the history and success of the Hawkeyes, a room which will honor Iowa’s consensus All-Americans that also will serve as a location for team activities, hospitality, and special events, a strength and conditioning area, team locker rooms, team meeting rooms, state-of-the-art technology for training, coaching, and recruiting, office space for the coaching and support staffs, an equipment room, and athletic training rooms.

The Jacobson Football Operations Building is attached to the indoor practice facility which rests immediately south of the Ron and Margaret Kenyon Outdoor Practice Facility.

Address: 992 Evashevski Drive
Year built: 2012, move-in 2014
Additional building information:Jacobsen Football Operations Building

Jacobson Football Operations Building